This city has always been a special attention for children. museum tours for families, events, libraries, gardens, bell towers to climb, flag weavers and old carrousels.. Here’s a short list.
The city offers a lot of ideas that you can discover and experiment with your children. In Florence you will find several museums with activities for children, among these: the Museum of Palazzo Vecchio (Piazza della Signoria, tel. 0039-055.2768325 ) which has a wide offer for families with guided tours and workshops (guided tours for children in Palazzo Vecchio). And what about the recently remodeled Innocenti Museum? Read info here for an example:
After visiting Uffizi Gallery, you could take a walk along the Arno and admire some of the eight bridges that cross it. The most famous you can’t miss is – of course – the Ponte Vecchio. Here, once there were plenty of greengrocers shops and butchers but then Ferdinand I de ‘Medici ordered their closure and, in their place, put only jewelers and goldsmiths.
If your kids are fans of science, it’s worth a visit in the Galileo Museum (Piazza dei Giudici, 1, tel. +39 055.265311 proposes a series of events for children) with its large collection of scientific and astronomical instruments, and the Museum of Leonardo Vinci (Via dei Servi, 66, tel. +39 055.282966).
Do not miss the chance to visit the famous and monumental Boboli Gardens or even the Piazzale Michelangelo where you can admire Florence and a beautiful view of the city.
For a greedy stop, we suggest the historic Gelateria Vivoli near Piazza Santa Croce, the Gelateria de’ Neri on Via de’ Neri or the Gelateria La Carraia that prepare some of the best ice cream in town.
Do not forget to take a ride on the carousel at the Piazza della Repubblica!
Why book an apartment with Holidayinflorenceitaly.com?
The benefits of sleeping in an apartment are numerous and undeniable, especially if you are traveling with kids:
- You save substantially compared to a hotel, especially when the children pass the age of gratuity.
- It has more space and we know how important this is for our younger visitors!
- It enjoys more freedom and flexibility in organizing their day respecting – so – the rhythms of all family members.
- You have the chance to cook their own meals at home (fundamental option, especially during weaning), without the hassle of having to search for a restaurant, when your children are too tired.
- We have apartments with baby accessories and WelcomeKit-Family, which can accommodate up to 4 adults and 2 children for a quiet and comfortable stay in the center of Florence.
- Our apartments can be booked for a minimum of 2 nights (3 nights during the Christmas holidays and New Year and during the Easter weekend).
- The reservation requests can be done via a simple e-mail, or filling up the online form on this website or making an online booking directly from the Home Page using the Booking Engine, indicating the number of guests and arrival and departure dates, following the instructions and confirm the reservation! Do not forget to enter the promotional code to get a special discount of 10% on the rate of the rent: offer-website
- kids kit included.
- Small chair for children up to two years (Free ..!).
- Baby cot (Free ..!).
- Toys for your children inside the apartment.
- Bed linen and towels included in all accommodations.
- Minimum stay of 2 nights, breakfast is NOT included, kitchen / kitchenette present in all apartments.
- Animals are not allowed.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
There just have to pack your bags, choose the date and go with your children to discover the beautiful art cities of Florence!